In recent years, French macarons have taken the dessert world by storm with designer macarons dessert houses to pop-up macarons kiosks satisfying insatiable and sudden macaron cravings.
It’s hard to complain at the ferocity of a delicious trend. Right? 😉
|Some fabulous French macaron venues that leave you wanting more:|
• Duchess Bake Shop (Edmonton, AB)
• Ganache Patisserie (Vancouver, BC)
|Silicon Valley (U.S.A.)|
• Chantal Guillon (Palo Alto, CA)
• Miette (San Francisco, CA)
• Tout Sweet Patisserie (Palo Alto and San Francisco, CA)
If opportunity has it, I highly recommend a visit to Ladurée for a sublime experience. Delectable French macarons in a fashionable, classic French setting. A truly memorable experience, even when in the heart of Paris’ Champs-Elysées district.
The other day, I came across macaron ice cream sandwiches. Just looking at these made my knees weak for just a taste. However, these wouldn’t have made for an appropriate breakfast. I hope to try them on my next visit to Big Mug Coffee Roaster (Santa Clara, CA). If you’ve already tried these macaron ice cream sandwiches, please drop a note on how your taste buds smiled.
“It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.” — Laura Ingalls Wilder
— — —
• Delicious Not Gorgeous: Big Mug Coffee Roaster (Santa Clara, CA)
• Food Network: Macaroon vs. Macaron: Two Very Different Cookies With a Linked Past
• Mr. Macaron: History and Anatomy of the Macaron
• Pinterest: Macaron, Not Macaroon and Other Delicious Bites
• Serious Eats: Introduction to French Macarons
• Silicon Valley Loonies: Stressed? … Desserts Time!
• Silicon Valley Loonies: Let’s Go For Coffee
• Tarte Cafe & Bakery: Pierre Hermé vs. Ladurée: Macarons
• Wikipedia: Macaron