Although Starbucks is our “go to” place for a caffeine fix, we like exploring boutique coffee roasters and retailers. A few of our favourites include:
- Transcend Coffee in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Caffe Artigiano in the Greater Vancouver Area, British Columbia, Canada
- Blue Bottle Coffee in San Francisco, California, USA
- Barefoot Coffee in Campbell, California, USA
For Chinese-style tea and coffee houses, enjoy more than just a bubble tea like a Hong Kong-style milk tea or a Taiwanese-style honey milk tea:
- Happy Date Restaurant in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
- Cattle Cafe and The One in the Greater Vancouver Area, British Columbia, Canada
- Cafe LaTTea in Cupertino, California, USA
Not just coffee and tea: Some of the above coffee/tea shops have good eats too!
- Caffe Artigiano – The roasted lamb sandwich panini makes for a good lunch.
- Happy Date Restaurant – They make one of the best Hong Kong-style teas and coffees. The baked spaghetti and meat sauce is also very delicious. For a cool treat, enjoy an iced red bean drink. If you want an added twist, get a scoop of ice cream in the iced red bean drink. So good!
- Cattle Cafe – The “choose your own toppings” noodle soups are popular.
- Cafe LaTTea – Split a honey toast with friends. This is really a 4 inch tall square cake dessert.
To good eats and good company!