When planning for our trip to France several years ago, I came upon an article on things to buy in France. Butter was one of the not to miss items. We discovered amazing butters in local neighbourhood markets – natural, organic butters, butters salted with fleur de sel salt flakes, butters made from various French regions, and to butters with pieces naturally salty seaweed/kelp. Creamy, golden, buttery goodness. One such French butter brands we tried was Sèvre et Belle. And, it is now available at Whole Foods!
Whole Foods recently started carrying a few European butter brands:
• Sèvre et Belle butter from the French region of Celles sur Belle ($4.99 USD for 9 oz., product of France)
• Delitia Butter of Parma ($6.49 USD for 8 oz., product of Italy)
Enjoy a taste of France! Bring home a taste of Italia!
“With enough butter, anything is good.” — Julia Child
— — —
• Elizabeth’s Blog: Divine French Butter
• Epicurious: Our 5 Favorite Butters Of All Time
• Fork & Butter: Ultimate Butter Page
• Formaggio Kitchen’s Cheese Blog: Butter, Beurre and Burro: What Distinguishes Different Butters?
• SF Gate: When Put to the Test, Here’s How Butter Brands Stack Up