From counting down the days on the calendar, opening each advent surprise, the smell of spruce, pine and fir Christmas trees, gift giving, and to festivities with family and friends … Christmas is in the air!
Christmas reminds me of home, family and gatherings with friends. It also reminds me of the beautifully decorated homes on Candy Cane Lane in Edmonton, AB. Seeing the homes lit with thousands of Christmas lights and adorned with Christmas decorations from lawn to roof was magical as a child, and is just as enjoyable now as an adult.
|Recently, while driving past the wonderfully decorated Vasona Park in Los Gatos, CA, it suddenly dawned on me that I hadn’t thought to seek similar Christmas lights magic in Silicon Valley yet.|
• Candy Cane Lane (Edmonton, AB) – runs mid-December to early January, FREE
• Bright Lights Christmas Train in Stanley Park (Vancouver, BC) – runs early December to early January, admission required
• Festival of Lights at VanDusen Botanical Garden – runs mid-December to early January, admission required
|Silicon Valley (U.S.A.)|
• Blue Bonnet Lights (Sunnyvale, CA) – runs from Black Friday to early January, FREE
• Chestnut Christmas Lights (South San Francisco, CA) – FREE
• Christmas in the Park (San Jose, CA) – runs end of November to Jan. 1st, FREE
• Christmas Tree Lane (Palo Alto, CA) – runs mid-December to Dec. 31st, FREE
• Fantasy of Lights (Los Gatos, CA) – runs early December to Dec. 24th, admission required
Wishing you magical moments with family and friends this holiday season! Merry Christmas!
“Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.” — Edith Sitwell