What makes a fabulous fish and chips basket?
For me, it’s first biting into a light, crunchy, flaky batter and then into a fresh fish filet (halibut, preferably). Tartar sauce should be made in-house with just a touch of tang and creaminess. Perfectly fried french fries and fresh house-made coleslaw to pair as accompaniments.
|These establishments serve some of the yummiest fish ‘n chips. Some of them have seasonal hours, and open only during the spring and summer months.|
|British Columbia (BC)||
• Go Fish Granville Island (Vancouver, BC)
• Finest At Sea (Vancouver, BC)
|Alberta (AB)||• Joey’s Restaurants|
|Silicon Valley (CA)||
• Flying Fish Bar & Grill (Half Moon Bay, CA)
• Pacific Catch
• Princeton Seafood Company (Half Moon Bay, CA)
|Finest At Sea‘s Vancouver, BC “Kerrisdale” neighbourhood location is unique. Half of the store is a fresh seafood market, and the other half is a cafeteria-style venue that serves made-to-order fish ‘n chips, New England style clam chowder and many other decadent seafood bites.|
Hope you’ll find your best catch of fish ‘n chips! Please pass along any good catches that you find too.
— — —
• BBC: Fish and chips: What does it take to make the best?
• The Guardian: How to eat: fish and chips
• The Vancouver Sun: And the winner for best fish ‘n’ chips is …
• Wikipedia: Fish and chips
• ZAGAT: 11 Must-Try Fish ‘n’ Chips in the Bay Area